How to listen to J1
There are now several ways for you to hear the J1 Networks and once you find us, you will love us!
- The original J1 hit music channel for Japan's hottest hits.
- J1 XTRA: playing a wide variety of Japanese music from the 90s, 00s and 10s with an occasional oldie.
- J1 GOLD: Japan's oldies station playing songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s.
- A-chan: playing songs from Japanese animation (anime) series both old and new.
- J1 INFO: Our spoken word service with Tokyo travel, Japan weather and when they occur, detailed information on earthquakes in Japan.
The best way to listen to J1 on your desktop. This compact browser player displays the current song title in English and Japanese as well as the latest updates on Tokyo travel, weather and earthquakes. Click the "Listen Now" button on the J1 website to launch the J1 JPlayer. No additional software required.
J1 Mobile App
Let's go keitai! J1 offers individual mobile apps for J1 HITS and J1 XTRA. Keep in touch with J1 with the latest station news from our social media sites and hear your favorite music anytime. Download for Android or iPhone. NEW for 2018: one app for all J1 channels! No need for separate apps on your phone! Powered by Nobex Partners.
J1 Roku Channel
All J1 networks are available on our own dedicated channel on Roku devices and compatible smart TVs. In addition to the J1 Networks, the channel will also have on-demand audio and the Top-40 chart. The first deployment of J1 on Roku will be in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland and France. After this launch, we will deploy a version for Latin America. Stay tuned!
Other ways to listen
Winamp or other MP3 player
If you prefer to use your own MP3 player, you are welcome to do so. All three channels do stream the titles to Winamp or other players. To listen to J1 on an MP3 player, just go direct to our links:
- J1 HITS: http://hits.j1fm.tokyo/ PLS file: http://hits.j1fm.tokyo/j1.pls
- J1 XTRA: http://xtra.j1fm.tokyo/ PLS file: http://xtra.j1fm.tokyo/j1x.pls
- J1 GOLD: http://gold.j1fm.tokyo/ PLS file: http://gold.j1fm.tokyo/j1g.pls
- A-chan: http://achan.j1fm.tokyo/ PLS file: http://achan.j1fm.tokyo/j1a.pls
- J1 Info: http://info.j1fm.tokyo/
TuneIn brings many streaming radio stations including the J1 Networks on your desktop, via a mobile app and to other internet appliances.
- J1 HITS: https://tunein.com/radio/J1-Radio-s261285/
- J1 XTRA: https://tunein.com/radio/J1xtra-s262398/
- J1 GOLD: https://tunein.com/radio/J1-GOLD-s296850/
- A-chan: https://tunein.com/radio/a-chan-s305780/
Look for all J1 music channels on Shoutcast.
Explore radio stations from all over the world at http://radio.garden.
Note about other third-party mobile apps
There are many mobile apps out there that are designed to tune in Japanese language stations and may include J1 along with other stations. While we do not object to those apps, J1 does not provide any assistance to these apps. If there are any network changes at J1, only the supported methods shown above would be updated with the revised information. J1 recommends that you install our own mobile app or if you want to have a choice of stations to listen to in a single app, download the TuneIn app. If you are an app developer and want to add J1 to your radio player app, please visit our Developer's Page.
Thank you for listening to J1!